Photo credit: Fran C., AllRecipes.com
“Your margarita game will never be the same! Start by creating a simple syrup with sugar, water and orange zest. Pulse cubes of watermelon in your blender, then add simple syrup, tequila and lime juice. Moisten edges of margarita glasses with a lime wedge then rim with salt or sugar. Fill glasses with crushed ice and top off with your homemade watermelon margarita mix. Garnish with lime wedges and sigh into summer.” -AllRecipes.com
Get the recipe for Jewel’s Watermelon Margaritas from All Recipies, watch the video, or keep reading to see the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 strips orange zest
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 3/4 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt or sugar for rimming glasses (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cups crushed ice, or as needed
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar, water, and orange zest in a small saucepan to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove simple syrup from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
- Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice.
- Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.
- Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges to serve.
From Allrecipes.com 5/3/2020