We have the complete details for the 2020 Joplin City Parade, Cruising Christmas. We sure hope you want to be a part of festivities and fun! Let’s make this the best parade we’ve every had. See you Decemner 1st at 6pm downtown Joplin.
Click here to save your spot in the parade.
The Annual Joplin Christmas Parade brought to you by Freeman Health System will be December 1st, 2020.
Freeman Health System is proud to continue our ongoing support and sponsorship of the Annual Joplin Christmas Parade. We consider this a gift to the community we are so blessed to have served for the past 95 years and we are honored play a key role in bringing the parade to the City again this year.
Due to the change in process this year due to COVID-19 and our desire to provide the safest environment for you as entrants and to the spectators we will be limiting entrants to this year’s parade. We are limiting the non-School and Band entrees to the first 65 that register. Limiting the parade entrants not only makes the pre-parade line up safer and more organized, it also takes into consideration the limited space we have for this year’s parade.
If you would like to enter your organization or business in the Joplin Christmas Parade be sure you get your entry form filled out soon to ensure your participation in this great community event that is enjoyed by thousands.
For parade entries inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OFFICIAL PARADE RULES – please read
Mandatory Safety Rules
1. All entries must be at their line-up position no earlier than 4:30 pm and no later than 5:45 pm. All entries will be sent a map of their lineup position and time to arrive prior to the parade. All entries must stay for the entirety of the parade.
2. All entries MUST be decorated in the theme of the parade and should be designed for viewing from all sides. Entries for this year can be decorated both on and around the float or vehicle. Music is encouraged, but please keep music at a level that does not interfere with other entries on either side of you and be prepared to adjust the volume if requested.
3. All entries must have their group or organization’s entry # visible to the judge’s eye for proper judging recognition. Your entry # card will be provided to you when you arrive.
4. Entries are NOT ALLOWED to have or display a real-life Santa Claus on their float or driven vehicle. (Remember there is only one Santa and he is scheduled to be there)
6. No handouts to parade goers will be permitted for 2020. This includes all forms of company promotion, candy, etc
7. Trailers and vehicles must be road worthy and carry the appropriate motor vehicle insurance if required by the State of Missouri.
8. Driver vision must not be unimpeded
9. The exhaust system shall not create an obvious fire hazard; particularly relating to decorative materials from the float that may come in contact with hot vehicle parts. A minimum of 12 inches clearance must be provided around heat producing elements.
10. Each parade apparatus must have a fire extinguisher on board with easy access by the occupants.
11. Spare gas containers cannot accompany the parade vehicle or be staged along the parade route.
12. Children under the age of 13 must remain seated on the parade apparatus at all times.
13. A 1:3 Ratio of adults to children under the age of 7 is required on all parade floats.
14. Safe areas, including hand holds, must be constructed for all persons riding on any vehicle or float.
15. Equestrian entries must provide their own clean up.
16. Any and all animals in parade must have proof of updated vaccinations.
17. Vendors must have appropriate insurance listing Freeman Health System & City of Joplin.
18. No float can be over 13’6”
19. No monkeys are allowed in the parade as per Joplin Health Department Code.